On Friday last week, elementary families received their student’s report card in Family Access. With that process in mind, this is the perfect time to ask for your input into making improvements to our Elementary Report Card for next school year, 2024-25.
During the fall of 2023, a committee of educators began meeting to make recommendations for improving the elementary report card. Any changes made will be for the next school year, 2024-25.
What do we hope to accomplish?
The Report Card Committee plans to make improvements for the 2024-25 school year to better accomplish the following:
- Provide a report card that is easily understood by all parents, regardless of prior experience with the American school system.
- In the report card, recognize strengths and growth for all students.
- Ensure grading reflects feedback on most important skills and knowledge that students learned and were assessed in our curriculum.
- Provide clear and consistent feedback to students and families using standards-based criteria that is readily available to parents in an easy-to-understand format.
The committee is now ready to share changes being considered and seek input from our families, students, and teachers.
We want your input!
Our committee members are asking you to learn about the changes being considered by the Elementary Report Card Committee and provide input. Here are three options for learning about the changes.
- Read about the changes on our webpage. All the changes being considered are described on our district website. In the final section of the explanation, you can view a sample new report card.
- Attend the Family Advisory Committee meeting in February. Our family partnership program is hosting representatives from the Elementary Report Card Committee at 11:00 a.m. on February 15 in the ISD Administration Building. Come see a short presentation and join a discussion about changes being considered.
- Join a Zoom meeting. Representatives of the Elementary Report Card Committee will host Zoom meetings with a short presentation and discussion about the changes being considered by the committee. These meetings are open to parents and staff. Meeting dates, times, and links for the two Zoom options are:
- Thursday, February 15, 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Use this Zoom Link
- Wednesday, March 6, 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Use this Zoom Link
After learning about the changes being considered, please complete a feedback form.
After attending a session listed above or reading the information below about changes being considered, complete the feedback form at the bottom of this webpage. In the form, you can also ask questions that may be used to add to our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Elementary School
- Report Cards