School Bus Information Handbook
Welcome to the Issaquah School District. This handbook was prepared by the Issaquah School District Transportation Department to provide useful information to parents and students. It includes information about student conduct, school bus rules, emergency evacuation procedures, bus passes, parent-driver communication and other important information. We enjoy working with the District’s children, and we look forward to making their daily bus ride a safe and pleasant experience. You can reach the Transportation Department by calling 425-837-6330.
- Face coverings are optional on school buses.
- Maintain social distancing at bus stops outside of those who reside in the same household.
- Students will have assigned seats
- Students are to remain seated and follow driver direction at all times.
- We will follow OSPI guidance regarding social distancing while on buses.
- Buses are not limited to capacity. If you are not comfortable with the amount of social distancing on the bus, you may transport your student to and from school.
- Windows will be cracked open and upper vents will be opened on the bus for ventilation.
- Students should wear jackets.
- When they return to the motor pool buses will undergo a daily disinfection.
Director of Transportation
Robin Dawson Routing Coordinator
Administrative Assistant to the Director
- Bus Conduct
- Student Conduct on Buses
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Emergency Evacuations
- Emergency Evacuation Drill
- Student Bus Passes
- Parent Communication with the Bus Driver
- Mechanically Safe Buses
- Bus Driver Training Program
- Facts to Learn and Share
- School Bus Safety Tips
- Non-Discrimination Statement