Mission and Work
We are dedicated to identifying and removing bias and systemic and institutional barriers that create marginalizing and disproportionality in student achievement and their well being. Learn about our mission.
We are committed to creating equitable outcomes where all students thrive. We work to create welcoming and inclusive learning environments, where students, staff, and parents know that they matter and that they belong.
We believe that each student has the potential to achieve, and it is our responsibility to provide all students the opportunity and support needed to meet their highest capability in a safe and welcoming environment. We acknowledge that systemic and institutional inequities and bias exist, creating barriers for student achievement and well-being. We are committed to raising the achievement of all learners regardless of race, status, varied ability, mental health, English language fluency, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, trauma impact, and geography. Our culture should promote the identification and removal of barriers causing predictability and disproportionality of the highest and lowest achieving groups. ( EL-16 EQUITY)
Please read to see some highlights of recent work that has happened in the District regarding Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Executive Limitation EL-16, Equity, ISD Board approved June 2018
- Created Building Equity Lead positions in every school building
- Family Partnership Liaisons support our school buildings and our culturally and linguistically diverse families with help understanding our school systems
- Collaborated with Teaching and Learning Services on providing a collection of Diverse Books for all K-5 Elementary buildings
- Cultural and Family Partnership Events held every year for our culturally and linguistically diverse families new to the US School System
- Listening sessions and parent panels held for feedback from families on school district concerns.
- Land Acknowledgement resources and professional development offered
- Ongoing staff professional development - Culturally Responsive Teaching, Cultural Competency, Courageous Conversations, etc.
- Equity Framework for Supplemental Curriculum or Non-Adopted Materials created as a guide for educators to provide a learning environment that is safe, welcoming and representative of our students
- Ongoing support for Human Resouces at hiring events and professional development for newly hired staff
- Assisted culturally and linguistically diverse families with language, technology and transportation barriers for the Vaccine Clinic for 5-11 year olds held at our Admin Building.
COVID-19 services provided