2024 - Online Learning
The District believes that a variety of learning options, including online courses and programs, are critical for 21st Century learners. The District recognizes that the online learning environment provides students with unique opportunities to become self-disciplined learners with life-long learning skills. Further, the District believes that online learning provides tremendous opportunities for students to access curriculum and specialized courses in a flexible learning environment that might not otherwise be available.
Therefore, the District supports a range of online learning opportunities that are equally accessible to all students in the school District. The District provides information to parents, students and staff regarding online learning options and the guidelines for participation.
The District’s procedures implementing this Regulation are reflected in Procedure 2024P. The procedures include, but are not limited to, a description of student access to online learning courses/programs, student eligibility criteria, the types of online courses available to students, methods the District will use to support student success, payment of course fees and other costs, granting of course credit and conditions under which no credit will be awarded.
Alternative Learning Experience Programs are addressed in Regulation 2255.
State law governs requirements for online learning. To the extent there is a conflict between this Regulation and state statutes, regulations, or other state law on online learning, state law controls.
- 2022 - Electronic Resources
- 2255 - Alternative Learning Experience Programs
- 2410 - High School Graduation Requirements
- RCW 28A.225 Compulsory School Attendance and Admission
- RCW 28A.250 Online Learning
- RCW 28A.230.090 High School graduation requirements or equivalencies – reevaluation of graduation requirements – Review and authorization of proposed changes – Credit for courses taken before attending high school – Postsecondary credit equivalencies.
- RCW 28A.320.035 Contracting out – District’s powers and duties – Goods and services.
- RCW 28A.150.262 Defining full-time equivalent student – Students receiving instruction through alternative learning experience online programs – Requirements – Rules
- RCW 28A.150.220 Basic Education – Minimum instructional requirements - Program accessibility – Rules (Effective September 1, 2011)
- WAC 180-51 High School Graduation Requirements
- WAC 392-121-182 Alternative learning experience requirements
- WAC 391-121-188 Instruction provided under contract
- WAC 392-410-310 Equivalency course of study – Credit for correspondence courses, electronically mediated courses, and college courses
- WAC 392-502 Online Learning
- Policy News, December 2009 - Online Learning Policy Required