2125 - Sexual Health Education
The Issaquah School District Board of Directors is authorized by law to determine whether sexual health education instruction will be offered in the District. The board has determined that such a program will be offered to students, consistent with state law.
Sexual health education instruction offered by the District shall be medically and scientifically accurate, age appropriate, appropriate for students regardless of gender, race, disability status, or sexual orientation and include information about abstinence and other methods of preventing unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Abstinence will not be taught to the exclusion of other instruction on contraceptives and disease prevention. The District’s sexual health education program shall be consistent with the 2005 Guidelines for Sexual Health Information and Disease Prevention developed by the Department of Health and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
The superintendent/designee will provide parents/guardians an opportunity to review the materials to be used and provide information on excluding their child from sexual health education instruction.
- 2020 - Curriculum Development and Adoption of Core Instructional Materials
- 2126 - HIV AIDS Prevention Education
- RCW 28A.300.475 Medically Accurate Sexual Health Education — Curricula — Participation excused — Parental review
- RCW 28A.600.480(2) Reporting of harassment, intimidation, or bullying Retaliation prohibited — Immunity
- WAC 392-410-140 Sex Health Education — Definition — Optional course or subject matter — Excusal of students
- Policy News, February 2009 Healthy Youth Act
- Policy News, August 2007 Sex Education Curriculum and Instruction
- Sexual Health Education Curriculum Review 2015 OSPI WSDH Joint Report