2336 - Required Observances (Veteran Day, Constitution Day, and Temperance and Good Citizenship Day)
Principals shall be responsible for the preparation and presentation of educational activities as follows:
Constitution Day will be observed each year on September 17 in commemoration of the September 17, 1787, signing of the United States Constitution. If September 17 occurs on a non-school day, Constitution Day will be conducted on the preceding Friday.
Disability History Month will be observed during the month of October by conducting or promoting educational activities such as school assemblies or guest speaker presentations that provide instruction, awareness and understanding of disability history and people with disabilities.
The Veteran’s Day program shall be conducted during the school week preceding the eleventh day of November of each and will be approximately sixty minutes in duration year.
Temperance and Good Citizenship Day shall be observed on January 16 or, if on a non-school day, the Friday preceding January 16.
- RCW 28A.230.150 Temperance and Good Citizenship Day — Aids in programming
- RCW 28A.230.158 Disability history month — Activities.
- RCW 28A.230.160 Educational activities in observance of Veteran’s Day
- 36 U.S.C. 106 Constitution and Citizenship Day
- Policy News, August 2006 Constitution Day Recognition