Skip To Main Content

Search Panel

Schools Menu

3120 - Enrollment

The Superintendent will develop procedures for enrolling students, recording attendance and counseling and correcting students with attendance problems. When enrolling a student who has attended school in another school district, the parent and student will be required to briefly indicate in writing whether or not the student has any history of placement in a special educational program; any past, current or pending disciplinary actions; any history of violent behavior or behaviors listed in RCW 13.04.155; any unpaid fines or fees from other schools; and any health conditions affecting the student’s educational needs. If the District receives information that a student has a history of disciplinary actions, criminal or violent behavior, or other behavior that indicates the student could be a threat to the safety of staff or students, the student’s teachers and building security personnel shall be informed.


The District may require students or their parents to provide proof of residency within the District, such as copies of phone and water bills or lease agreements. The District shall not require proof of residency or any other information regarding an address for any student who is eligible by reason of age for the services of the District if the student does not have a legal residence.  The District will not inquire into a student’s citizenship or immigration status or that of their parents or guardians. The request for enrollment may be made by the student, parent or guardian.

Since accurate enrollment and attendance records are essential both to obtain state financial reimbursement and to fulfill the District's responsibilities under the attendance laws, staff shall be diligent in maintaining such records.



Last Revised:


Related Procedures:

Related Forms:

Cross References:


  • RCW 28A.225.215 Enrollment of children without legal residences
  • RCW 28A.225.330 Enrolling Students from other Districts — Requests for information and permanent records
  • WAC 392-121-106 Definitions — enrolled student
  • WAC 392-121-108 Enrollment exclusions
  • WAC 392-121-122 Definitions — Enrolled and full-time equivalent students
  • WAC 392-121-182 Alternative learning experience requirements
  • WAC 392-169-022 Running start student — definition