3120P - Enrollment Procedure
Enrollment and attendance records shall be maintained in each school building. At the conclusion of the school year, the enrollment and attendance information shall be recorded on the student's permanent record.
The attendance registers shall remain in the school building for a period designated by the Secretary of State Records Retention Schedule, after which time they shall be sent to the District administrative office to be destroyed.
Annually, each school shall report to the District actions taken to reduce any student’s absenteeism following the student’s seventh unexcused absence in one month, or fifteenth unexcused absence in one year. The District shall report the following information annually to the superintendent of public instruction:
- The number of enrolled students and the number of unexcused absences;
- The number of enrolled students with fifteen or more unexcused absences in a school year or seven or more unexcused absences in a month in a school year;
- A description of any programs or schools developed to serve students who have had seven or more unexcused absences in a month or fifteen unexcused absences in a year including information about the number of students in the program or school and the number of unexcused absences of students during and after participation in the program. The reports shall also describe any placements in an approved private nonsectarian school or program or certified program under a court order.
- The number of petitions filed by a school with the juvenile court and the results of the petition; and
- Each instance of imposition of detention for failure to comply with a court order under RCW 28A.225.090, with a statement of the reasons for each instance of detention.
The information in these reports shall not disclose the names or other identification of the students or parents.
For purposes of enrollment count, a "full-time equivalent student" shall be a student enrolled in the District for a minimum of 27 hours and 45 minutes each week (1,665 weekly minutes), or 5 hours and 33 minutes (333 minutes) for each scheduled school day.
Alternative Learning Experiences: Pursuant to WAC 392-121-182, full-time equivalency is based on the estimated average weekly hours of learning activity described in the written student learning plan. Twenty-seven hours and forty-five minutes each week (one thousand six hundred sixty-five weekly minutes) equal one full-time equivalent.
No student may be counted on any school's or program's enrollment report who has been absent from school for more than twenty consecutive school days until attendance is resumed. No part-time student that has not attended school at least once within a period of twenty consecutive school days may be counted as an enrolled student until attendance is resumed. School days are defined as regularly scheduled instructional days for the general population of the school or district the student is enrolled in, regardless of the student's individualized schedule.
Procedures for handling excused and unexcused absences are defined in 3122P (Excused and Unexcused Absences).