3140 - Choice Transfers – Resident Students
A student who resides within the boundaries of the Issaquah School District shall be released to attend school in another District when any one of the following circumstances apply:
- The student’s financial, educational, safety, or health conditions would likely be improved.
- Attendance in the nonresident District is more accessible to the parent's/guardian’s place of work or to the location of child care.
- There is a special hardship or detrimental condition.
- The purpose of the transfer is for enrollment in an online course or school program offered by an OSPI-approved provider.
- Parent/guardian is an employee with the requested school District.
Resident students who meet one of the above listed conditions shall apply to be released by the Issaquah School District. The transfer request is not complete until the resident school District has submitted the request to the nonresident school District, and it has been accepted. The student remains the responsibility of the resident school District until the effective start date or rejection.
In all cases in which a resident student is released, the student or the student’s parent(s) shall be solely responsible for transportation.
If the request is denied, the superintendent/designee shall notify the parent of the right to appeal such decision to the superintendent of public instruction.
Resident parents/legal guardians shall be informed of choice enrollment options annually. The District shall make available for public inspection the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s annual information booklet on enrollment options.
RCW 28A.225.220 through 230