4215 - Use of Tobacco on District Property
The District recognizes that to protect students from exposure to the addictive substance of nicotine, employees and officers of the school District, and all members of the community, have an obligation as role models to refrain from tobacco use on school property at all times. Tobacco includes, but is not limited to cigarettes, cigars, snuff, smoking tobacco, smokeless tobacco, nicotine, electronic smoking/vapor devices, and vapor products, non-prescribed inhalers nicotine delivering devices, chemicals or devices that produce the same flavor or physical effect of nicotine substances; and any other tobacco innovation.
Any use of such products by staff, students, visitors and community members shall be prohibited on District property. Possession or distribution of tobacco products by any person under twenty-one years of age is prohibited. This shall include all District buildings, grounds and District-owned vehicles.
Notices advising students, employees and community members of this Regulation will be posted in appropriate locations in all District buildings and at other District facilities as determined by the superintendent and shall be included in the employee and student handbooks. Employees and students are subject to discipline for violations of this Regulation, and employees are responsible for the enforcement of the Regulation.
- 3200 - Rights and Responsibilities
- 3241 - Classroom Management, Discipline and Corrective Action
- 5280 - Separation From Employment
- RCW 28A.210.310 Prohibition on use of tobacco products on school property
- RCW 70.155.080 Purchasing, obtaining or possessing tobacco by persons under 18 — Civil infraction — Jurisdiction
- RCW 70.155.010 Definitions.
- RCW 82.24.010(2) Definitions.
- RCW 82.26.010(1) Definitions.