4310 - Interviews and Interrogations of Students on School Premises
The District encourages interviews and interrogations of students by law enforcement, the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and the county health department(s) to take place off school premises in order to minimize interruption to the instructional program. When an onsite interview or interrogation is warranted by the circumstances of a case, the District will utilize protocols developed in cooperation with these entities. To ensure that investigations are not impeded and that students and parent(s)/guardian(s) are afforded all rights required by law, the superintendent will establish protocols for interviews and interrogations of students on school premises. The protocols will address child abuse and neglect investigations, criminal investigations, and health department investigations.
- 3231 - Student Records
- 3414 - Infectious Diseases
- 3421 - Child Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation Prevention
- 3432 - Emergencies
- RCW 26.44.030 Interviews of children
- RCW 26.44.050 Abuse or neglect of child — Duty of law enforcement agency or department of social and health services — Taking child into custody without court order, when.
- RCW 26.44.110 Written statement required
- RCW 26.44.115 Notice required
- RCW 28A.635.020 Wilfully disobeying school administrative personnel or refusing to leave public property, violations, when — Penalty
- Policy and Legal News, July 2013 - New interviews/interrogations of students on school premises policy
- Policy News, February 1998 - FERPA limits student records access
- Policy News, April 2001 Compliance Office Provides FERPA Update