4315 - Release of Information Concerning Sexual and Kidnapping Offenders
Law enforcement agencies receive relevant information about the release of sexual offenders into communities. Law enforcement agencies decide when such information needs to be released to the public. The District has a public safety role to play in the dissemination of such information to staff, parents, students, and the community and will disseminate such information under the following conditions:
- Receipt of a specific request from a law enforcement agency that information be disseminated to staff and/or student and parents. In every case where students are notified, parents will be notified as soon as possible.
- Receipt of the actual sex offender documents to be distributed. The District may duplicate the sex offender documents, but they will be distributed in the form received from the law enforcement agency or any modifications that will be approved by the law enforcement agency.
The District may provide families at a nearby school notice beyond that provided by the police to protect District students from foreseeable harm while participating in school or school sponsored activities. In such situations, the District will work with law enforcement and legal counsel in determining the appropriate course of action.
- 3143 - Notification and Dissemination of Information about Student Offenses and Notification of Threats of Violence or Harm
- RCW 4.24.550 Sex offenders--Release of information to public--When authorized—Immunity
- Policy News, August 1998 State encourages modification of Weapons policy
- Policy News, October 2010 Release of Sex Offender Information