6112 - Rental or Lease of District Real Property
When District real property is not needed, the District has the authority to call for bids to rent or lease any surplus real property. A notice of the intent to rent or lease property will be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the District at least 45 days before the rental or lease takes effect, if the value of the rental or lease is $10,000.00 or more. The District may establish a minimum acceptable bid based upon the fair market value, provided that such minimum bid is non-discriminatory within classes of users.
Such property will be rented or leased for lawful purposes. The rental or lease will be in the best interests of the District and not interfere with the conduct of the District's educational program and related activities. It is a violation of district policy for any person, including a renter or leaser to carry a firearm or dangerous weapon on district property Proceeds from rental or lease of District property which are in excess of the operational costs incurred for such rental or lease will be deposited in the general fund, capital projects fund or debt service fund.
The District may recapture the lease or rented surplus property should such property be needed for school purposes in the future.
- RCW 28A.335.040 Surplus school property, rental, lease or use of - Authorized -Limitations
- RCW 28A.335.050 Surplus school property, rental, lease or use of - Joint use - Compensation - Conditions generally
- RCW 28A.335.060 Surplus school property, rental lease or use of - Disposition of moneys
- RCW 28A.335.070 Surplus school property, rental, lease or use of - Existing contracts not impaired
- RCW 28A.335.080 Surplus school property, rental, lease or use of - Community use not impaired
- RCW 28A.335.090 Conveyance and acquisition of property - Management - Appraisal
- RCW 28A.335.130 Real property - Sale - Use of proceeds