6640P - School-Owned Vehicles Procedure
The following procedures shall be in effect for the operation of school-owned vehicles:
- Vehicles shall be used for official school District business Personal use of District vehicles constitutes grounds for disciplinary action which may include suspension without pay, termination of employment in the case of repeated violations, or suspension or termination of the right to operate District-owned vehicles. All users shall be employees or officers of the District.
- All operators shall have a valid Washington State driver's license.
- Any citation for violation of motor vehicle laws shall be the sole responsibility of the operator.
- If involved in any accident the operator shall notify the proper law enforcement agency immediately and file an accident report within four (4) Those accidents which involve personal injuries must be reported by telephone and followed up with a written report, both to the District and the District's insurance company.
- Where the employee-driver is presumed not at fault, the District shall file a claim for damages with the insurance company of the other operator.
- In the event of vehicle operation failure, the staff member should contact the motor pool supervisor for repair procedures.
- Accident report blanks, trip log, malfunctions report forms, and insurance information shall be kept in the glove compartment of the vehicle.
- The driver and passengers shall wear seat belts at all times.