6732 - Board Member Insurance
The District shall maintain sufficient insurance to protect the Board and its individual members against liability arising from actions of the Board or its individual members while each is acting on behalf of the District and within his/her authority as a Board member.
An individual Board member may participate at his/her own cost in any of the personal liability, life, health, health care, accident, disability, salary protection or other form of insurance made available to District staff if plan sponsors permit such participation.
- RCW 4.24.470 Liability of officials and members of governing body of public agency
- RCW 4.96.010 Tortious conduct of local governmental entities— Liability for damage
- RCW 28A.400.350 Liability, life, health, health care, accident, disability and salary insurance authorized — Premiums
- RCW 28A.400.360 Liability insurance for officials and employees authorized
- RCW 28A.320.060 Officers, employees or agents of school districts or educational service districts, insurance to protect and hold personally harmless