6881 - Disposal of Surplus Equipment and/or Materials
The Board has the authority to declare equipment, supplies, furniture, vehicles, and other district personal property obsolete and/or surplus. The superintendent shall establish procedures for their sale, trade or disposal.
Obsolete textbooks shall be disposed of as outlined in 6881P.
Prior to disposing of any surplus texts, other books, equipment, materials, furniture, vehicles, or relocatable facilities, the superintendent shall serve written notice to public and private schools in the state which have asked to be notified of such dispositions. All schools on the list shall be notified in writing of the materials and equipment that is available. The material or equipment shall be sold to any interested public or private school at its depreciated cost or fair market value, whichever is greater. Students shall have priority in the purchase of texts. Disposition of such surplus property to parties other than public or private schools may take place thirty days after written notice is served.
Funds derived from the rental, sale, or lease of student transportation equipment shall be placed into the Transportation Vehicle Fund. Funds derived from the sale of surplus equipment, supplies, furniture and other such district personal property shall be placed into the General Fund.
The District may elect to grant surplus personal property to a federal, state, or local governmental entity or to indigent persons at no cost on the condition the property will be used for preschool through twelfth grade educational purposes.
- RCW 28A.335.060 Surplus school property, rental, lease or use of—Disposition of moneys received from
- RCW 28A.335.090 Conveyance and acquisition of property—Management - Appraisal
- RCW 28A.335.180 Surplus texts and other education aids, notice of availability—Student priority as to texts
- RCW 28A.335.205 Assistive devices – Transfer for benefit of children with disabilities – Record, inventory
- RCW 39.33.070 School districts and libraries—Disposal of obsolete or surplus reading materials
- WAC 392-143-050 Resold School Buses