6923 - Energy Conservation
In light of the increasing cost and dwindling supply of conventional energy sources, a life cycle cost analysis shall be required of each major construction project. A life cycle cost analysis shall include a description of:
- Insulation and heat retention factors;
- Variable occupancy and operating conditions to be incurred by the facility;
- Overall supply and demand of the facility's energy system and actual or potential utilization of outside energy sources, such as climate;
- Initial cost of energy plant; and
- An energy consumption analysis comparing alternative energy systems.
- RCW 39.35 Energy conservation in design of public facilities