In this section of the Community Report, you will find data from key indicators. These indicators include tests, or what we refer to as assessments, a district scorecard and on this page overall performance and key findings.
Overall, our students significantly outperform their state and national peers, despite dips in performance relative to past years, which are a result of student learning during the global pandemic.
ISD's on-time (four-year) graduation rate for the Class of 2021 is 95.9%.
The Class of 2020 extended (five-year) graduation rate is 96.3%.
Assessments play a significant role in student learning and school accountability. Every year, educators use in-depth analyses of data to implement plans to support individual students and move them to higher achievement. The following year, they use the assessments to check for evidence of progress, reevaluate, and adjust their learning plans and goals accordingly.
While our students continually demonstrate their academic capabilities on standardized tests, these numbers do not begin to tell the story of the deep, exploratory learning happening in our classrooms. Success is defined and measured in many ways through extracurricular activities, the arts, community service, leadership, and citizenship. Our students have accomplished a lot in recent years!
- Safe Learning Environment: 89% of sixth grade students reported feeling safe at school
- Safe Learning Environment: 88% of 10th grade students reported feeling safe at school
- Ninth Graders on Track to Graduate: 85% of ninth grade students earned 6.0 credits by end of ninth grade for Issaquah High School and Skyline High School and 7.5 credits for Liberty High School
- College & Career Preparedness: 58% of 11th and 12th grade students took AP, IB and/or college in the classroom courses
- College & Career Preparedness: 82.97% of high school students had passing IB/AP Scores
- College & Career Preparedness: 95.9% adjusted on time graduation rate, class of 2021
- College & Career Preparedness: 96.3% adjusted five-year cohort extended graduation rate, class of 2020
- College & Career Preparedness: 85% of students enrolled in college in the fall after graduation, Class of 2019
- Customer Satisfaction Milestone: 89.36% parents are satisfied with neighborhood school performance
- Customer Satisfaction Milestone: 78.55% of parents believe students are educated to be successful adults