Our Strategic Plan was developed with a strong emphasis on staff, family and student voice to ensure that everyone in our community is represented. Work to create the strategic plan was done by district staff with support from Delivery Associates. I began conversations at the start of my tenure in the ISD with my First 100 Days campaign, where I gathered input from staff, community members, families and students across the district to better understand their priorities. This input began to tell the story of where we could improve as a system. Areas for improvement include:
- Address disparities in behavior and academic metrics
- Reduce student stress
- Increase diversity in workforce
- Improve operational consistency
As we drafted our three-year strategic plan, we focused on:
- Creating a district vision statement and identifying priority areas for the district to focus on.
- Establishing clear goals, actions to achieve the goals and metrics to measure progress.
To read more about the process, visit the news section and announcements section of our website.
In April 2023, the School Board approved the new vision statement, and in May 2023, the board adopted a resolution in support of the new strategic plan. District staff are implementing the plan beginning in the 2023-24 school year and will report back on their progress to the board.