ISD strives to have classrooms that provide Digital Learning Experiences where ALL students can:
- access, engage with, create, and produce using technological tools
- have agency and ownership over their learning, and
- use technology to engage with the world in meaningful ways.
Through the support of our local capital/technology levy, ISD schools are equipped with the hardware and software necessary to provide equitable and safe digital resources for students. All classrooms are outfitted with a teaching station which includes a computer, large display (projector/TV), and document camera. Audio amplification is available in 80% of our classrooms and will be in 100% of the instructional spaces within the next 5 years. Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, student access to laptops is as follows:
- Kindergarten classrooms one laptop for every three students.
- First and Second-grade classrooms one laptop for every two students.
- Third through Fifth-grade classrooms one laptop for every student.
- Students in grades six through twelve check out a school laptop for the duration of the school year.
Student safety is paramount; to that end, ISD uses filtering software to limit access to inappropriate content and security software that monitors all types of information on Microsoft365 cloud products, including student email and documents.
In addition to hardware, a variety of software and apps are used to support and enhance learning. These resources are organized through Student Portals and Learning Management Systems. Select the link below that matches the grade level of your student.