Substance Abuse Resources
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Resources:
- Influence the Choice - Influence the Choice is a nonprofit, community-based, grass-roots organization dedicated to preventing substance use and promoting the mental, physical, and social wellness of our youth.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens - Parents: Facts on Teen Drug Use
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids - provides support and guidance to families that may have a son or daughter with substance abuse issues.
- Preventing Teen Drug Use: How to Talk with Your Child
- When You Discover Your Son or Daughter is Using Drugs: Start Talking
- Video: How to Talk With Your Kids About Drugs: Let's Get Started | The Partnership - Talking with your student about marijuana does not have to awkward and uncomfortable. Parenting expert, Heather Senior, LCSW, explains how to set the stage to have a respectful, open conversation with your teen about pot, alcohol, or any drug.
- Report to Sheriff (King County) - If you have drugs or information, you can report anonymously at this website.
- Start Talking Now - StartTalkingNow.org is sponsored by the Washington Healthy Youth Coalition (WHYC). Our mission is to prevent and reduce underage alcohol and marijuana use.
- University of Washington Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute
- Washington 24-Hour Recovery Help Line - 866-789-1511 - 24 hour help for substance abuse, problem gambling, and mental health
Opioid Specific Resources:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioid Facts for Teens
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Fentanyl
- Opioid Medication and Pain: What You Need to Know
- Public Health Insider (article) - Overdose Update: Recent Increase in Overdose Deaths Linked to Fentanyl-laced Pills and Powders
- Stopoverdose.org - helping individuals and communities in Washington respond to prevent opioid overdose
Drug Disposal Resources:
- Take Back Your Meds - find a medication take back location
- Washington State Medicine Disposal Program - WA residents can safely dispose of the medicines they no longer need by taking them to a drop-box located throughout the state (free)
- Mail Back Envelopes
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Resources:
- Friends of Youth (Issaquah) - 425-392-6367 - Works with individuals 25 and under.
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation (Bellevue) - 866-831-5700 - Resources for families of an individual with addiction. Treatment available for people of all ages.
- Lakeside Milam Recovery Centers - 888-246-1805 - For 18 years old & over only. Many locations around the area, including in Issaquah and Renton. Different types of programs offered, including individual, group and family.
- Therapeutic Health Services (Bellevue) - 425-747-7892 - Works with both youth and adults. Many locations in the area, including Bellevue.
- Youth Eastside Services - 425-747-4937 - Offers youth and family counseling, and substance abuse specific treatment.