Linking early learning and elementary learning can help children and families experience smooth transitions and continuity of practice from early learning into the kindergarten year. The Issaquah School District is committed to actively growing our partnerships with community preschools and in-home care providers to support this collaborative vision. Opportunities for involvement and professional development, as well as resources, will be posted to this page below.
Kindergarten Readiness Guide:
Children learn in different ways and at different rates. They come to school with varying skills. The Kindergarten Readiness document highlights some of the skills children need to be prepared for kindergarten. The Kindergarten Readiness Guide has suggestions about ways to work with your child to help him/her be more prepared and excited for school.
- Kindergarten Readiness Guide (English)
- 上幼儿园准备情况 (Chinese)
- Preparación para el jardín de niños (Spanish)
- 幼稚園の準備 (Japanese)
- Подготовка к детскому саду (Podgotovka k detskomu sadu) (Russian)
- 유치원 준비 (yuchiwon junbi) (Korean)
- Sẵn sàng đi học mẫu giáo (Vietnamese)
Articles of Interest:
- Leading experts in the field of Early Math have developed the Learning and Teaching with Trajectories website. Here you will find lessons/activities, games, and video clips of major topics in math for children from Birth to 3rd Grade. You can register for free and have access to a wealth of resources and information: www.learningtrajectories.org
- Research clearly shows that early math exposure is crucial for later success in math. The following article Why Early Math is Just as Important as Early Reading helps to explain why.
- A collection of Books to Provide Inspiration!