February - Kindergarten Registration Opens
- Registration open thru March 4
- Kindergarten Readiness Resource (Available Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese Translated Resource Click Here)
- All incoming 2022 Kindergarten student needs to enroll through the ISD New Student Enrollment website
March - Completed registration is needed
March 4: Kindergarten Registration due
Pre-K Screener for your child in March or April
- Your school will contact you
- You go with your child to the screener
- The screener is reading (letters, sounds and a few words)
March 16: Informational Event - Kindergarten families new to US public school System - Presented by ISD Family Partnership Staff
- Information Shared: Differences between US and other countries school systems / General classroom / Transportation / Lunch / On-site before and after school care programs
- Each elementary school will host a specific event to welcome kindergarten families
- Presented by ISD Family Partnership staff in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Register for the event.
July - Pre-K Summer School (by invitation only)
ISD Summer School Dates: July 5 – July 29
Pre-K Summer School (by invitation only)
- Focus on reading skills and introduction to school
- Free transportation
- Prepares students for Kindergarten
August - September Events to Note:
August 9, 10 and 11 - 9:30 – 10:30 am
“Come, ride along” on the Yellow School Bus - Optional
- Visit the ISD Kindergarten Transportation webpage to register.
Route Information: New students registered in the ISD by August 1st will be able get route information by the end of August. Go to the online bus system.
Online Enrollment Verification Process (EVP) - August 8-14, 2022 (Required of All ISD families)
- All Families with children registered in the ISD will need to complete this process via Skyward. Details to follow in the Weekly Bulletin.
“Tools4Schools” - Optional
- “Tools4Schools” An event that provides free backpacks and school supplies for families who need financial assistance. Check website for more information and to register.