Highly Capable (Gifted)
- SECOND GRADE UNIVERSAL TESTING - 3/7/23 - 3/10/23
- 2022-2023 KINDERGARTEN COGAT Testing TIMELINE
- i-Ready replaces IOWA for Highly Capable Program Universal Eligibility Testing in Kindergarten and 2nd grade
- NEW STUDENT REFERRAL - not needed for 2023-2024 Kindergarten students
SECOND GRADE UNIVERSAL TESTING - 3/7/23 - 3/10/23
2022-2023 KINDERGARTEN COGAT Testing TIMELINE
i-Ready replaces IOWA for Highly Capable Program Universal Eligibility Testing in Kindergarten and 2nd grade
NEW STUDENT REFERRAL - not needed for 2023-2024 Kindergarten students
Highly capable students perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences, or environments. Outstanding abilities are seen within students' general intellectual aptitudes, specific academic abilities, and/or creative productivities within a specific domain. Highly Capable services are provided to students who are residents of the Issaquah School District and have been identified as in need of services through the ISD referral process. Students who are highly capable may possess these learning characteristics (among others):
- Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned, and to transfer learning to new situations.
- Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than their peers.
- Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts.
- Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength.
- Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus.
Highly Capable Program Objectives:
- Expansion of academic attainment and intellectual skills
- Stimulation of intellectual curiosity, independence and responsibility
- Development of a positive attitude toward self and others
- Development of originality and creativity
ISD offers highly capable identified students a continuum of services in grades K-12, which may include, but is not limited to advanced or accelerated coursework, classroom grouping/clustering, independent study, enrichment, and honors classes, International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP), Dual Credit CTE courses, Running Start, College in the High School and online courses.
Contact the Highly Capable Program
Phone: 425-837-7120 Department Email: HighlyCapable@issaquah.wednet.edu
Highly Capable Program Staff:
Director: Page Perey
Assistant to the Director: Heather Ross
TOSA, Teacher on Special Assignment: Lori Shimizu
Address: Issaquah School District | Highly Capable Program | 5150 220th Ave SE | Issaquah, WA 98029