Kindergarten Screening & Testing
- Cognitive and academic assessments will take place in November and December.
- Assessments will occur during the school day at your student's assigned school.
- Private/home school students will follow the same timeline, and assessments will take place at the neighborhood ISD school.
- Updates will be sent by email.
- Students who meet the screening criteria will receive email communication from the Highly Capable Office about next steps in the eligibility process.
- Once students are identified in their kindergarten year, they continue in the program through grade 12, unless they exit from the program. All students will test again in second to determine appropriate placement in SAGE Reading and/or math pull-out or MERLIN to begin in third grade.
- Please ensure that contact information Family Access is current.
- Sign up for the Weekly Bulletin to receive timely information about Highly Capable Screening for kindergarten and second grade students.
Timeline for 2021-22
- November 2 -5 - Screening using Cognitive Abilities (CogAT) Screener Test
Screening emails alerting families to check results posted on Family Access sent out to all participants in early December
- December 6 - 17 - Full cognitive (CogAT) and academic (IOWA Achievement) testing for students who meet screener criteria