Frequently Asked Questions
This page is updated as school guidance evolves from various parties, including King County Public Health, the Washington State Department of Health, and Center for Disease Control. If a question/answer is updated or a new question is added, it is moved to the top of its subsection. You will see an * along with the date of the content update or addition.
General FAQs related to COVID-19 are available on the Washington State Department of Health website. The DOH page will answer many of your questions, including COVID-19 basics, face coverings, vaccinations and guidance for you and your family.
- Are masks required? *Added 3/10/22
- What is layered mitigation? *Updated 3/10/22
- How are you helping students with anxiety and general COVID fears? *Updated 3/10/22
- Why is there not an ISD remote option for families when some neighboring districts have provided that for their families? *Updated 3/10/22
- What are district cleaning and disinfection protocols?
- During a long weekend or break, some families may be traveling. What is expected of families who travel?