Immunizations and Testing
Refer to Chapter 246-105 WAC (Immunization of Child Care and School Children Against Certain Vaccine-Preventable Diseases) for additional information.
- Students have the right to attend school without the threat of exposure to certain vaccine-preventable diseases.
- To attend school, students are required to submit a completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS), or Certificate of Exemption (COE), that demonstrates a compliant immunization status according to state law before starting. Refer to WAC 246-105-030.
- Students not fully immunized, or students attending school under conditional status who fail to make satisfactory progress, must be excluded from school. Refer to WAC 246-105-080.
Accessing a Student's Immunization Information
Washington State rules' require student immunization information provided to schools be on an official Washington State Department of Health Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.
- Option 1: Access Washington State Immunization Registry (MyIR) online. Using MyIR allows parents/guardians to view, download and print (on the official immunization certificate accepted by the school) their child's immunizations. This is the easiest and preferred method!
- Option 2: Request your child's immunization record from their healthcare provider. With this option, the information likely will not be in the correct format and will need to be transcribed by hand by the parent or guardian on the official CIS form (see link to the right).
- Option 3: Request an immunization record from the Department of Health. This is the same information available on MyIR but requires calling in the request and providing written consent before the immunization information can be mailed (immunization information will not be provided over the phone).
Parents and guardians are asked to make many important health care decisions for their children including immunizations. The Washington State Department of Health provides a guide called "Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations" to help parents and guardians make informed decisions by providing accurate information about immunizations and the diseases they prevent, benefits and risks and vaccine safety and effectiveness.
WA State School Vaccination Requirements for 2021-2022
- Immunization Requirements (English)
- 2021-2022 学年需进行的免疫接种 (Chinese)
- 2021-2022 학년에 필요한 예방접종 (Korean)
- Vacunas requeridas para el ciclo escolar 2021-2022 (Spanish)
For students who are on the recommended schedule, immunizations are typically due before kindergarten and before 6th grade.
MyIR (State Immunization Registry)
Already registered? Log in to MyIR.