Who Are Behavior TOSAs?
The ISD Special Services Behavior Team is a partnership of Behavior Analysts and Social Workers. The team offers support to school personal through a collaborative approach to understanding student behavior.
What Training Do We Receive?
Behavior Analysts: BCBAs have a master's degree in education, psychology, or a related field with specific coursework in behavior analysis. They also complete supervised fieldwork under other BCBAs, pass a certification exam, and maintain their credentials through continuing education each year.
Social Workers: School-Based Social Workers have a master's degree in social work (MSW). As Clinical Social Workers, they bring a unique expertise around mental health, comorbidity, and trauma-informed practices in schools. They use a variety of therapeutic approaches in their work and connect families to community resources.
What Do We Do?
We seek to improve the individual and collective experiences of our students, teams, and families through a synthesized holistic approach using trauma-informed practices and principles of behavior analysis. We strive to keep students at the center of our work by using a strengths-based and equity lens as we practice data-informed decision making, and proactively and systematically support the unique needs of the students we serve.
- All About Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) - Behavior Nation
- Conversations about Autism - Autism 200 Series Through Seattle Children's
- Managing Your Own Anger: A Guide for Parents - Crisis Prevention Institute
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) - OSPI
- Social and Emotional Learning Activities for Families and Educators - OSPI
- Family Engagement within Trauma-Informed Schools: Toolkits for Elementary School Staff
- Public Health - Seattle and King County
- Chinese Information and Service Center (CISC)
- Refugee Women's Alliance
- International Community Health Resources (ICHS)
- Imagine Housing
- King County Housing Authority
- Eastside Counseling Center
- Center for Children and Youth Justice
- Friends of Youth